CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Energy Auditor:CAPIC’s Energy Division seeks to hire a full time Energy Auditor. Duties include: conducting residential energy audits, quality control inspections, and evaluation of heating systems. Qualifications include: knowledge of energy conservation principles, training or license in heating systems, detail oriented, ability to multi-task, good verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, and understanding of low-income population. High school diploma and five years of related work experience necessary. Vehicle and MA Driver’s License required.
Family Services Coordinator (Full Time)Join a diverse and vibrant team of professionals to coordinate services for children and families enrolled in Head Start programs located in Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop.
- Coordinate family services and family engagement activities to meet the needs of a culturally diverse low- income population of families whose pre-school children are enrolled in the Head Start Program.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and support, and to six social service staff to ensure effective delivery of supportive services, parent training activities, home visitation, behavioral health services, and interagency collaboration
- Coordinate behavioral health contracts and services provided with several community based organizations that deliver integrated play therapy services within the classroom environment.
- Provide classroom teachers with support to effectively manage children displaying challenging behaviors
- Develop training programs to meet the individual and group needs of families
- Work within the communities of Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop to identify, plan and coordinate services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary management meetings to determine best practice in delivering comprehensive high quality services to low income families. REQUIREMENTS:
- MSW, or BA/BS in social work, counseling or related field.
- Two years supervisory experience, and vehicle required.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher.
- Adhere to the center rules and regulations.
- Follow the guidance and instruction of the Group Leader.
- Supervision and education of a group along with the assistance of the Group Leader.
- Assist the Group Leader in development of curriculum and planning activities.
- Assist the Group Leader with progress reports and notes going home by providing relevant information.
- Report accidents to the Group Leader and complete accident reports with the assistance of the Group Leader.
- Responsible for setting up afternoon snack.
- Responsible for setting up breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack during school vacations.
- Fulfilling responsibilities of maintain a clean and healthy environment for the children.
- Assist with the supervision of children during all times.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Group Leader, Program Director and Executive Director.
Assistant Group Leaders: (Chelsea).CAPIC’s After School Program is looking for an Assistant Group Leader to provide daily activities to school-age children. Hours are part-time; Monday - Friday 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm. During school vacations and summer months, work hours are increased to 7-8 hours per day. SUMMARY The Assistant Group Leader is responsible for assisting the education staff in providing a safe, clean and organized educational environment for the children. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
P/T 22.5 hours, 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
P/T 22.5 hours, 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. EEC Certification preferred.