CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking an individual who will coordinate and develop multi-faceted programs for the Chelsea/Revere Family Network. This includes, the coordination of play groups, facilitation and coordination of parent education workshops, children services, preparation of a parent newsletter, and grant writing etc. This position works with a diverse population of families with children birth to eight years of age to identify/plan activities that suit needs/interests and facilitates and reports to the Family Network Council. This individual must be able to work/operate independently, as well as collaboratively with others.
CHELSEA/REVERE FAMILY NETWORK COORDINATOR
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Ensure that the Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) grant goals and priorities are implemented and that funding is expended in accordance with the parameters EEC policies
- Serve as point of contact between the CFCE Advisory Council, Lead Agency/CAPIC, and EEC. The Lead Coordinator is responsible for disseminating all relevant information to the proper agents including Council members, the Lead Agency/CAPIC staff, community partners and stakeholders
- Attend all relevant EEC trainings and meetings and act as the point person to EEC for all CFCE Grant Program funded activities.
- Manage and monitor all subcontracts
- Collaborate with the CAPIC Head Start’s Director to reduce duplication and ensure coordination of programming.
- Comply with EEC monitoring requests
- Implement EEC required data collection and policy initiatives
- Submit all EEC required data reports by defined due dates
- Ensure that all parent / child playgroups align with EEC guidelines
- Participate in required trainings and meetings per Executive Director
- Prepare monthly reports for Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in human services, early childhood education or an Associate’s Degree with at least two years of experience in the field
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Spanish fluency
- Essential computer skills
- Experience-coordinating activities in social service setting
- Valid vehicle and MA driver’s license
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking an individual who will perform comprehensive residential heating system assessments and quality assurance inspections for income eligible homes. Responsibilities include: heat loss calculations, heating system evaluations, energy improvement recommendations, energy efficient lighting installation and client education.
APPLIANCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (AMP) & HEATING SYSTEM AUDITOR
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Conduct accurate and organized residential heating system and heat loss audits
- Conduct accurate and organized residential Appliance Management Program audits
- Implement program practices / procedures, coordinate activities between contractors, clients, and all other parties involved throughout the administrative and technical processes
- Provide timely and accurate data as requested by Program Director/Executive Director
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting values of team work, collaboration and mutual respect
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors and management
- Provide client education
- Mediate contractor and client interactions
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a suitable CORI and SORI completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment
- Preferred experience in heating / building / construction / electrical trade
- Preferred experience in MA State HEARTWAP program
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of low-income populations
- Knowledge of energy conservation principles
- Skilled in use of computer for data entry
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish) but not required
- Valid vehicle and MA Driver’s license
Must be able to tolerate working in cold and hot temperatures ranging from 0° to 120°. Ability to tolerate working in attics and basements.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., Push and pull items up to 50 lbs. This position requires individuals to kneel and climb on ladders on a routine but occasional basis throughout the day. This position requires walking, standing, and sitting on frequent basis throughout the work day. This position requires the use of both fine and gross motor skills to complete the assigned tasks.
Salary Range: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have installed clear plastic barriers, provided masks, gloves, gowns, and hand sanitizer. We are also not open to the public and work in scattered shifts to limit the number of staff in the office.