CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking a Playgroup Facilitator to organize and implement parent/child interactive groups that promote child development, parent engagement and community building. The position is part-time with a varied schedule of approximately 20 hours per eight-week session. The schedule may include weekend groups and an occasional evening event.
Playgroup FacilitatorNon-Exempt, Part-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and independently lead parent-child playgroups.
- Plan and implement age appropriate curriculum to facilitate developmentally appropriate learning for children ages birth to five.
- Encourage and foster parent engagement and peer relationships.
- Maintain attendance, registration, evaluations and required paperwork.
- Set-up and clean-up of classroom or group space.
- Work independently and demonstrate initiative to accomplish playgroup objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participation in approved professional development training.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of typical early childhood development.
- Experience interacting with young children and families from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Residency in or knowledge of the Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop communities preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort speaking and conducting activities in front of groups of adults and children
- Basic computer skills including email and data entry.
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish) but not required
- Valid vehicle and MA Driver’s license preferred
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., Push and pull items up to 50 lbs. This position requires individuals to kneel occasional basis throughout the day. This position requires walking, standing, and sitting on frequent basis throughout the work day. This position requires the use of both fine and gross motor skills to complete the assigned tasks.
CAPIC’s Energy Division is seeking to hire a full-time Energy Auditor. Able to perform comprehensive energy audits on income eligible homes. Responsibilities include energy improvement recommendations, contractor management and resolution of contractor and client issues resulting from inspection findings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and contractors
- Attention to detail
- Ability to complete accurate and organized energy audits and quality control reports
- Knowledge of energy conservation principles, preferred but not necessary
- Act as liaison with contractors to establish and maintain a working relationship
- Understanding of low income population and cultural and linguistic groups
- Evaluate heating systems, prepare heat losses, inspect heating system work and quality control new heatingsystems, preferred but not necessary
- Provide educational information to clients
- Performing blower door, zone pressure and heating system diagnostics, preferred but not necessary
- Attend and complete WAP auditor trainings and maintain necessary certifications. Such as QCI, lead safe,OSHA, combustion, pressure diagnostics, blower door and zone pressure testing
- Data entry for audit and inspection information for Weatherization (WAP) and Heating Services (HEARTWAP)
- Stay up to date with new and changing codes and standards both city and DOE
- Meet with State and utility representatives
- Duties as assigned by the Energy Director or Executive Director
- Must pass certification training
- Must pass background check
- Building/construction trade experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of low-income populations
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Skilled in use of computer for data entry
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish)
- Valid vehicle and MA Driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Energy conservation and/or building/construction trade experience preferred
- Health, Dental, 403B, FSA, Vision, Aflac, Vacation, Personal and Sick days.
- Hourly salary range $20.00 - $22.00
Salary Range: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour CAPIC offices have COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place and re-opened to the public on 8/8/22. Masks are required.